Author Topic: CSV model  (Read 2218 times)

AdFit

• View Profile
CSV model
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
In another thread the user was advised:

"You also have the 50-3 version, which has a 3 GPM minimum.  So you have to use 4 GPM or more to keep the pump running steady."

After running a hose in a bucket and then pouring into gallon jugs it was a quarter quart under 4 gallons, so I bought the 50-3 version and never saw the 4 gpm "or more" part before ordering.  This works fine with my geothermal unit on, but cycles like there is no CSV when I'm just running the hose (which I do frequently to change water out in big fish tanks in an aquaponics system).  To stop the cycling I have to open another hose bib and let the water run on the ground (to keep from ruining another deep well pump). 

I've been too busy to address this, but now my bladder tank has to be replaced so I'm going to be back into plumbing mode and plan to use a small tank as you have mentioned many times. 

So, do I have to order the 50-1 version, or can I replace the guts in my 50-3?  It's not just the money, I have very little CPVC pipe left coming coming out of the concrete floor and into the building and no room for a coupling above the CSV...

Thanks...  Mark

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV model
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »
To be able to use the 4.5 gallon size tank, and to keep the pump from cycling when using more than 1 GPM, you will need the 50-1 valve.  I  could replace the guts for you, but it takes a special tool.  Either way you will need to remove the valve to do this.  So probably having a 50-1 on hand when you take it apart would be best.  Maybe you can just unscrew it from the incoming side and not have to cut and add a coupling?