Author Topic: CSV and Contact Tank  (Read 3062 times)

shakaworld

• View Profile
CSV and Contact Tank
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:39:27 AM »
Hi I'm currently in the process of reconfiguring my well system - I have a 60 gallon pressure tank, Fleck water softner, and clack charcoal auto regenerating filter and I plan to add a inline pellet chlorine system with 120 gallon contact tank - would a
PK1A PSIDE-KICK Kit set to 70 lbs be a good idea or would you recommend something else.  Right now if I flush a toilet it take about 30 seconds for the kitchen faucet to get pressure again and if I run a water hose there is no pressure for anything else in the house - unfortunately I don't know the hp/type of the well pump since I recently bought the house.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV and Contact Tank
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:16:14 AM »
Well it sounds like the pump is too small for the demand.  With a larger pump the CSV could hold a good strong constant 70 PSI to the house, but the pump has to be large enough to supply the amount of water needed.

Also the variable flow from the CSV1A may make it hard to regulate the pellet chlorinator.  If it drops a pellet when the pressure switch engages, it may drop too many pellets for the flow rate.  But if it drops pellets according to a flow meter the CSV will work great.

shakaworld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply I will check if it drops pellets per a flow meter if not I can get a liquid one that does.  I will look further into the house documents to see if find out the size of the pump and upgrade - will also need to check the flow through the water softener and charcoal tank.  Would the 4.5 tank or the 10 gallon tank be a better fit with the 120 gallon contact tank.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:07 PM »
The 10 gallon tank would be best for you.  But it is because you are running at 60/80 with the CSV set at 70 PSI, not because of the size of the contact tank.