Author Topic: submersible well pump with pump saver  (Read 2985 times)

mchoukeir

• View Profile
submersible well pump with pump saver
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »
Hi, i have a deep well about 600 feet with a 2hp/1ph/230v submersible pump, which pumps into a storage water tanks, then from the tank i have a pump with pressure tank that serve the house. My well does not produce much water. i would like to set it up where the pump is protected and i want to have total control as to when and how long to pump (maybe a timer can be used where it turn the pump on once per day which can be set to run for a specific length of time lets say 30 minutes, with a Cycle Sensor Dry Run Protector to protect the pump, when the well drys up.) is this possible? what are the equipment i need? any ideas on what are the possible set ups to accomplish this task?

thanks
Mo

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: submersible well pump with pump saver
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
Sure you can use a timer with a Cycle Sensor.  But usually we just use a float switch with the Cycle Sensor.  The Cycle Sensor will let the pump run until the well is dry, then it will measure the off time for the pump between 1 minute and 5 hours and restart the pump.  As long as the float switch is down, this process repeats over and over.  When the float switch is up, the pump stays off.

mchoukeir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »
Thanks Cary, So just using a float switch with the Cycle Sensor will work better? is it better for the pump to run more often for short time than fewer times for longer period on time? or does it really matter?

thanks
mo 

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »
Pumps are made to run 24/7.  The longer the run and the fewer times it starts the better.