Author Topic: Suggestions for a cheap inline flowmeter (jet pump)  (Read 3466 times)

DIYguy

• View Profile
Suggestions for a cheap inline flowmeter (jet pump)
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
I'm noticing that I really would like to have a flow meter on the output of my RJC-100 jet pump, for a variety of reasons.
The timed-bucket method is too slow, and I often am not pumping into an open bucket.
It would help optimize the setting of that brass 'jet-control' screw adjustment.
It would be much easier than trying to infer the flow from the very incomplete pump performance table provided by Red Lion.

I'm just seeking a tapered tube, and the peak pressure of my pump is less than 100 psi.
I assume it would be harder to find one for those deep-well sumbersibles.

If you don't have a favorite, maybe you could suggest niches where i might search around.
I don't need high accuracy, don't want any more electrical units on my pump.
As I am monkeying around with different configurations, I often have dripping fittings, and occasional deluges due to priming, venting, etc.

Thanks,
John

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Suggestions for a cheap inline flowmeter (jet pump)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
A 1" flow meter will stop working below 3 GPM, so I still use the bucket test for smaller flows.

My favorite one is a little digital meter made by Great Plains Industries (GPI).  I think you can get them from Tractor Supply.  It is the same one they use for fueling.