Author Topic: CSV Control While Water Tower being serviced  (Read 1873 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
CSV Control While Water Tower being serviced
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:09:13 AM »
This is a picture of the pump system at Hook, Texas.  They were planning on using pressure relief valves on fire hydrants to discharge excess water being pumped while the water tower was out of line for service.  They calculated they would be wasting about $40,000.00 worth of water while the tower was being serviced.  Carey Gould found us on the Internet and talked the engineers into trying CSV's instead.  The CSV's deliver as little as 3 GPM to as much as 1600 GPM directly from the pumps to distribution.  The CSV's make the discharge amount from the pumps exactly match the amount needed in the distribution system.  The pumps run all the time, but the CSV's reduce the amperage when the flow rate is also reduced.  This system is running without a water tower or any pressure tanks on the system.  The CSV's make the pumps feed the system exactly the right amount of water at anytime of day or night.  To do this the CSV's are also holding a steady or constant 70 PSI on the system.  When CSV's control the system, there really is no need for a water tower or pressure tank in the system.

Cary, the valves are working perfectly.  They had a major water leak yesterday and the valves performed as planned.  They have not had any complaints about water pressure at all.  I wish I would have known about these years ago. The city personal and the engineers are very impressed.  I have also included pics of the instillation.

Thanks,
Carey Gould
PROTECTIVE LININGS & COATINGS, INC.
15156 Country Place
Alexander, Arkansas 72002

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV Control While Water Tower being serviced
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »