Author Topic: Two homes, 1 well & pump, 1 pressure tank, pressure problems to second home  (Read 17652 times)

katrenco

• View Profile
We recently moved onto our family farm to enable my elderly parents to remain on the farm.  On the site, now, we have two homes, one well/pump serving both homes, one pressure tank in my parent's house, none in ours.  New water line was dug from well to our new home.  (Comparable distance from well to each house.)  Problem is, my parent's water pressure is fine, ours is quite low.  While we have just learned to put up with lower water pressure in the house, we've now installed new landscaping, requiring alot of irrigation.  Lawn sprinklers, in particular, are a definite problem.  We don't have great pressure when the pump is running, but it's adequate.  However, once the pump shuts off, there is barely enough pressure for a sprinkler to even operate correctly.  This makes irrigation next to impossible.....pump running, sprinklers cover X number of yards, pump off, sprinkler barely or doesn't operate at all.  With the area we need to irrigate, this is a BIG issue!  What kind of CSV do you recommend for our situation?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:55:40 PM by katrenco »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Two homes, 1 well & pump, 1 pressure tank, pressure problems to second home
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
The CSV1A is probably best because it is adjustable.  I say adjustable is best because you need to be able to turn up the pressure until you get what you want.  If you have a submersible pump, it will probably build enough pressure that you can turn it up.  See where your pressure switch is working now, 30/50, or maybe 40/60?  If you can turn up the pressure switch and get the pressure you need, then the CSV will make it even better because it will be constant pressure instead of cycling on and off.

macds

• View Profile
We are looking to do the same thing here.
We need to upgrade the entire pumping system and am looking for advice.
We currently have a 20' dug well, with a jet pump in the basement, 30' of 1" poly to pump with the regular 5 gallon "piggyback" pressure tank. What we want to do is run new 1.5" poly to the house, replace the pump with a larger jet pump in the basement (say 15 gpm), add the csv, put in a small pressure tank, then feed to house #1. After the pressure take we want to tee off and run 350' or 1.5" poly to house #2 with its own small pressure tank to handle line surge/shock.
Does this sound feasable to do, and which size tanks, and valve do you recommend?

Thanks

Stu

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
The Pside-Kick kit with the 4.5 gallon tank will run both houses.  You really don't need another tank at the second house, but it won't hurt anything to add another 4.5 gallon tank there if you want.