CSV3B Installation Instructions
NOTE: Submersible motor manufacturers recommend using a flow inducer sleeve to be
sure the motor is sufficiently cooled at low flows. Pressure differential across the valve
cannot be more than 125 PSI.
Please read all instructions before installation.
1) Be sure that the well has been pumped clean before the valve is installed. It is important that all lines including
the pump, be flushed clean of debris. Turn off power to pump and drain system.
2) The valve should be installed horizontally and right side up downstream of the pump before the pressure tank/
pressure switch with all demand downstream of the valve. Four inch and smaller valves can be installed vertically
with flow going up, not down. Flow direction is indicated by the arrow on the valve (Note: There cannot be any
water outlets between the pump and the valve (ie..gate valve, pressure relief valve, etc. If outlet lines exist
between the well and the tank, the valve must be installed at the well head. )
3) We recommend using teflon tape on threaded ends however most thread compounds are acceptable. All connections
should be water tight.
4) Pressure tank should be installed downstream of the CSV3B on a tee at a 90 degree angle to the main discharge
line . Pressure tank pre-charge should be 5-10 psi lower than the pressure switch start point. A water line
at least 8" or longer and no larger than tank inlet size should be used to connect the tank. Pressure switch must be
installed on the line going into the tank, as close to base of the tank as possible. (closer to the tank than the main
line). Pressure switch should never be installed directly on the main line.
5) For start up, loosen the lock nut on adjusting stem of pilot valve (small valve attached to CSV3B). Make sure
adjusting stem is loosened completely by turning counter clockwise until you feel it is no longer making contact
with the spring. Set the pressure switch to desired settings. Cut off pressure must be at least 10 PSI higher
than the desired valve set pressure (ie..40/60 pressure switch, valve set at 50). Open a small water outlet to turn
pump on. It is critical to allow at least 5GPM and not more than 10 GPM out of the system during valve setting
procedure (approximately 1 standard 3/4" water hose). Now adjust the CSV3B to desired pressure by turning the
adjusting stem on the pilot valve clockwise to increase pressure, and counterclockwise to decrease pressure.
When pressure steadies at the desired system pressure, tighten the lock nut on adjusting stem of the pilot valve.
Valve setting is complete. (Note: If water hammer occurs on pump start up, you must set valve pressure and cut
in pressure the same. For example...40/60 pressure switch, valve set at 40.)
6) Close off the water outlet making sure no water is being demanded. The pressure tank will begin to fill at
approximately 5 gpm. As pressure tank slowly fills, pressure in the system will increase until the pressure switch
turns the pump off.
California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. (Installer: California law requires that this warning be given to consumer.)