CSV2W Installation Instructions
PREPARATION and INSTALLATION
1) It is important that the well has been pumped until clean before any valve installations. You do not want to fill the valve with
debris/drilling mud/sand/ PVC shavings, etc. (Note: Multiple pump systems need a CSV for each pump). Turn off power to pump and
2) The CSV2W valve must be installed prior to any tee offs. System order being - Pump - CSV2W - all other outlets including the
tank/pressure switch. The only valve allowed between the pump and CSV2W is a check valve. (Always keep in mind this is a pump
control valve. All water pumped/demanded must first go through our valve for it to be able to control the pump.) Flow direction is
indicated by the arrow → on the valve itself.
3) The diaphragm/bladder style pressure tank should be installed downstream of the of the CSV2W. Pressure switch and other
controls must be installed as close to tank as possible. Pressure switch should not be installed directly on the main line, but on the
small line close to the pressure tank. Pre-charge pressure in the tank should be 2-5 psi lower than pressure switch start point.
4) Install using teflon tape on all threads. Four to seven wraps of teflon tape is usually sufficient. All connections should be
SETTING THE VALVE
1) Loosen the adjustment stem counter clockwise almost all of the way out.
2) Turn on enough water to dump your pressure tank and cause your pump to come on.
3) Once the pump has come on, adjust your demand to 6-8 GPM. (This reduced demand is important. You do not want to set the
valve with more gpm going through it than this.) With the adjustment stem loosened out, the valve is going to try to hold the low
pressure in the adjustment range. (25 psi on the 25-75 model and 50 psi on the 50/120 psi model) Wait a few moments after each
adjustment for the valve to react and the pressure to level off.
4) The CSV2W is adjusted by turning the adjustment stem clockwise to increase downstream pressure and counter clockwise to
decrease downstream pressure. Adjust the CSV2W until the pressure steadies at your desired working pressure. Tighten the lock
nut. The valve is set.
The CSV2W works with your pump sytem using pressure. The CSV2W has to be set within your existing system pressure parameters
to work correctly. The pressure tank pressure needs to be 2-5 psi lower than your pressure switch cut in pressure. The
pressure switch cut off pressure needs to be higher than the CSV2W working pressure. How much higher depends on your pressure
tank size. See chart below for your specific tank/pressure switch recommendations/examples.
|Pressure Tank Total Capacity
||Air Pressure in Tank
||Pressure Switch Cut in and Cut out
||CSV2W Set Working Pressure
|119 Gallon Capacity
|86 Gallon Capacity
|62 Gallon Capacity
|44 Gallon Capacity
|34 Gallon Capacity
|20 Gallon Capacity