CSV125 Installation Instructions
Please read all instructions before beginning installation.
1) Be sure that the well has been pumped clean before any valve installations. It is also important that all lines
including the pump be flushed clean of debris. Pipe dope or trash pumped into the valve can make the CSV
fail. Turn off power to pump and drain system.
2) The CSV valve should be installed downstream of the pump on the pump side of the pressure tank/
pressure switch. Everything pumped needs to go through the CSV before it goes anywhere else. Any and all
water outlets have to be downstream of the CSV valve. Flow direction is indicated by an arrow → on the
side of the valve. (Note: This model is designed to hold weight. It can be installed/hung inside the well.
This allows for tee offs between the well head and the pressure tank such as a frost free hydrant at the
3) Model CSV125 should be hand tightened using Teflon tape on threaded ends. Four to seven wraps
of Teflon tape is usually sufficient. Do not use pipe dope as it can run into the valve works. All connections
should be water tight.
4) The pressure tank should be installed on a tee or tank cross. It should be installed downstream of the
of the CSV1. Pressure switch and other controls must be installed as close to the tank as possible. Precharge
pressure in the tank should be 3-5 PSI lower than pressure switch start point. Pressure switch shut
off pressure must be higher than the Cycle Stop Valve pressure. How much higher depends on your pressure
tank size. The smaller the tank, the closer the cut in pressure and CSV pressure should be...the larger the
tank, the closer the cut out pressure and CSV pressure should be. But, cut out pressure always has to be
higher than the CSV pressure.
5) The CSV125-1 model will have a 1 gpm pressure tank refill rate (Recommended for 2HP and smaller). The
CSV125-3 will have a 3 gpm pressure tank refill rate (Recommended for 3 HP to 5 HP). When using the
CSV125-1 model, the minimum pressure tank drawdown should be at least 1 gallon. When using the CSV125-3
model, the minimum pressure tank drawdown should be at least 3 gallons. You can always use a larger
pressure tank if needed, as every situation is different. But, your pump will be protected from excessive
cycle with the minimum tanks recommened.